Friday, November 9, 2012

The Queen Bee Has Arrived

Seriously, she's only FOUR?  Is the question I ask frequently with my daughter.  Somehow, my daughter has turned out to be a diva.  If she's NOT an actor when she grows up, I will very surprised.

My daughter is not shy.  At all.  When she was about two, she was afraid of older boys.  She seems to have grown out of that.  I took her out to McDonald's for a Mommy/Daughter Date Night a couple of months ago, and she was playing with a boy who had to be at least seven.  She had no problem telling him that they were going to play hide and seek.  And he had no problem playing-her way.  That boy was whipped!  He did everything she requested.  Christ.

I love taking her to school.  It's like the Queen Bee has arrived when she walks in.  Most of the little girls come up and say "Hi" and use her name.  She just throws her coat off dramatically and walks to her cubby.  I say hi and ask her what the kids' names are.  "I don't know" is her response.  Christ.

Now she's involved in a love triangle at school.  Every year she has a special boy that just lights up when she walks in.  This year his name is Brian.  The only problem is, Brian also lights up for another little girl in their class.  So my daughter decided to up the game by announcing to everyone, teachers included, that she and Brian are getting married.  The other little girl has also decided Brian will be marrying her.  Thankfully they are too young to understand relationships and are all still friends...for now.  Christ.

Everywhere my daughter goes, she reigns supreme.  Our gym has a child care room; and whenever we pick her up, she is always the one who decided which game is going to be played.  I guess I should be thankful.  At least my strong willed, hard-headed daughter won't put up with anything she doesn't want to-but CHRIST.

I am so in for it when she's a teenager.

                                                         Yes, I AM the queen of the carousel


No comments:

Post a Comment