Friday, July 6, 2012

This Parent Thinks She Can Go on Vacation Any Time She Wants

As if I didn't have enough to bitch about, I found this post from a mom blogger who thinks it's not right to go on vacation without your kids.  While I agree it's NOT right to leave your kids with church acquaintances, I feel comfortable leaving my daughter with her grandparents.  The blog post originally said you shouldn't leave them at all, but it's now been edited-my guess is because of all the backlash this moron received as a result of her idiotic ramblings.

She states in the first paragraph, "I want to tell parents they are not thinking straight.  (But I can't and won't.)"  Ummm, ya just did.  And offended every parent who has taken a vacation without their kids.  Which is pretty much most parents if they want to have a life; and I'm guessing this bitch doesn't.

Go away for a day, you say?  Oooh, fun.  By the time you start to relax, you have to go home.

Then she rambles about a Doris Day movie in which Mommy goes on vacation, gets stranded for 7 years, comes back and the kids have no idea who she is.  This too was edited and this was put in: "(this is only humor, I'm not saying this will happen)."  Is that funny??  Huh, I didn't find it funny at all.  It seems that little tidbit was put in there to scare parents who are thinking of getting away without their little ones into changing their minds.

Honestly, what is WRONG with parents taking a couples vacation?  It helps the parents reconnect.  It gives you downtime away from your kids so you are a better parent.  You miss them, they miss you.  I'm not sure if the author realizes it, but we now have a whole lot of technology to keep in touch.  Ever heard of Skype?  This attachment parenting kills me.  You do realize your kids won't be able to think for themselves or take care of themselves if you are ALWAYS around doing it for them, don't you?

Do tell, Delillah, at what age IS it acceptable to leave your kids?  I noticed in your profile you seem to have numerous jobs, including mother.  I'm not on any side of the 'working moms vs. stay at home moms' battle but I have to say maybe you're stretched a little thin and having working mom guilt.  Maybe your blog post bashing other parents was a way to make you feel better about yourself.  Good luck with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment