Thursday, July 5, 2012

Tuscan Chick Pea Pasta Sauce



I'm no cook, but I thought I'd put THE recipe out there that my family loves when I make it.  Even my 4 year old licks her plate clean!  I found this recipe in The Encyclopedia of Sauces for Your Pasta, by Charles A. Bellissino when I was in college.  I adapted it just a little, but it's the best damn pasta ever!

Here's what you need:
2 garlic cloves crushed
1/4 c. olive oil
1 can chick peas(15oz.)
1 c. water
1 tbsp. tomato paste-you can add more or less, depending on your tastes
2 tsp. crushed rosemary
1 tbsp. parsley flakes
salt and pepper to taste

Puree 1/2 the can of chick and their juice in a food processor, leave 1/2 the chick peas whole.  Saute the garlic in the olive oil until it browns.  Add the chick peas and all the other ingredients and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 mins.  Stir occasionally.

That's it!!!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment