Thursday, September 27, 2012

Old Navy Jeans are NOT for Mommies



I seem to be on a retail rant lately.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe because I used to work in retail and now I'm noticing all the things that irk me when I take my kid shopping.  Who knows?  Go ahead and grab a glass of wine and read on...

When Old Navy was remodeling their stores last year, I learned that their core target customer was a mom in her 30's.  That would explain why they redid all of their checkouts so millions of useless fucking trinkets are now at eye level with your kids.  It was a brilliant move, actually.  Tons of add on sales from the moms with their screaming kids who just want to shut them up, my kid included.  Thanks a lot, Old Navy.  My daughter really does NOT need another $12 Hello Kitty mini plush.

What really annoys me about Old Navy is their pants.  All of them.  Jeans included.  Why on earth are ALL of their pants so low cut?  Moms in their 30's are not teenagers, so we don't want to have our plumber's crack/muffin tops hanging out for all to see.  I don't care if you are big or small (I have been both), if you have an ounce of belly fat -and most moms do- Old Navy pants are unwearable.  No matter what size you buy.  Take, for example, the chick in the picture below.  She is not at all big (in my opinion) but I bet she's wearing Old Navy jeans!  The low waist actually creates the muffin top.


I love Old Navy.  I'm a thrifty girl and their clothes are cheap, plus they usually have coupons.  But the only things I ever buy there for me are shirts or workout pants with elastic waists that I can pull up.  Here's the kicker:  I just made an online purchase from ON that included a pair of "higher waist" jeans. We'll see.  I'm willing to give you another chance; and I'm really hoping you come through for us, your core customers, Old Navy!

No comments:

Post a Comment