Friday, October 12, 2012

My Love/Hate Relationship with College Football



ESPN blows.  I absolutely hate them for their biased views and reporting of so called "news."  I am sick to fucking death of constantly only hearing about the overrated teams that ESPN wants to talk about.  Teams like Ohio State, Notre Dame, and ALL the Florida teams.  If you're a fan of any of these teams, you might want to stop reading now before I get ugly.  Seriously.

Why is everyone still hyping Ohio State?  They have Braxton Miller for their offense.  That's it.  Enough said.

Notre Dame is overrated, and they'll prove it eventually.  Why does Notre Dame consistently get special treatment?  They were in the Big East for basketball ONLY.  Of course they were.  Say what you will about Big East football, but they do have the best basketball conference in the country.  Now they get a special fucking deal to move to the ACC.  Plus NBC only televises THEIR games.  They are not the powerhouse they used to be, so why are they still allowed to do whatever they want?

WVU Mountaineers.  Yes, that's my team.  Yes, ESPN seems to be sucking our dick finally this year.  Every time I go to the college football page there's a picture of Geno Smith and some article about how great our offense is but how bad our defense is.  "Can the Mountaineers win it all?"  Or some version of this title comes out every week; then read the article that slams us for one reason or another.

Build me up, buttercup.

That's exactly what ESPN is doing.  Building us up big so that if we fail, they can tear our asses to pieces.  What they don't understand is the mentality of this WVU team.  They are so focused on winning a national championship, I really don't think anyone will stop them.  And they should know by now that all this talk will only motivate this team to shut up the critics.  Anyone remember the Orange Bowl?

WVU has been inconsistent-A. Lot.  My heart still breaks when I recall the Backyard Brawl of '07.  That one game that was between us and the national championship game.  Thank you, Dick Rod (Rich Rodriguez, for those of you who don't know).  He announced shortly after that loss that he was going to Michigan.  Which makes me think he intentionally fucked up that game.  There was no way he could ever leave WVU if he won a national championship, could he?
Michigan got theirs.  Although they are still glorified by ESPN.  Pittsburgh got theirs, too.  They SUCK.  They can't keep a coach for more than a year.  Good luck in the ACC.  I'm pretty sure we made the right decision in going to the Big 12. We still have 2 undefeated teams and a record of 35-12, while the ACC has no undefeated teams with a record of 41-29.  Their best teams are Florida State, Clemson, and...wait for it...Duke.  Yep, the Blue Devils have the same 5-1 record as FSU and Clemson!  What an awesome conference.

I really hope Geno wins the Heisman.  He deserves it.  I honestly don't think he really cares about that, though.  He wants to win it all, and I'm right behind him cheering them on.  Even if every "barn burner" game takes 10 years off my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment